Monday 14 October 2013

Sculpture I am working on


Concepts development                                                                 

We are rapidly moving to the present time with this blog. From now on, we are live on air, figuratively speaking.
I am intrigued by making larger objects – always difficult in clay – from smaller components.


As I look through my inspirational images collections on computer and in books, I am particularly drawn to spherical objects.
I want to make spherical form reminiscent of seeds, pollen,  planktons. 
Form that evokes ideas of genesis, growth, evolution, potential for change.

Pollen:




Plankton:


of course, Ernst Haeckel drawings:
The 1st plate from Ernst Haeckel's Kunstformen der Natur (1904), depicting radiolarians, classified as Phaeodaria (credit:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiolaria)

and miscellaneous plant structures:

where will it take me?

No comments:

Post a Comment