Tuesday 9 January 2018

Bursts and spurts and lights

The frame for the acrylic has been welded; although I am still not sure how will I attach the panels to the frame.Before I make the final decisions on that front, it is time to look at the LED’s…
I have purchased 50 meters of individually programmable LED's (they come in 5 meter lengths) and couple of Arduino computers. 

Until a few months ago (before I met with All Saint's College students) Arduino's were not part of my world. Now we have been formally introduced, but not really acquainted.
This is the part of the project that I am totally relaying on help from my friends: Silas (ASC student) and my Arduino whizz, his dad Chris who knows how to power the whole set up (just look at the board at the forefront of the photo), and my son Robert, a software engineer


While they are working on the programming and powering, I'm figuring out how to physically wrap 50 m of LED's around the sculpture with the least amount of cutting and soldering. We have worked it out nicely at ASC, but with 10 x 5 m of LED's, not 1 x 50 m.
But I have the starting point:


No, no, no yes!
First mock up:

Ups, lights will be interfering with acrylic. Back to the drawing board:
Second mock up (now we have movement, not all LED's lit at once):

Ooohhh yes!

3 comments:

  1. This blog resolved all my queries I had in my mind. Really helpful and supportive subject matter written in all the points. Hard to find such kind of blogs as descriptive and accountable to your doubts.หลอด ไฟ led

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I truly enjoyed reading it. This post provided by you is very practical for proper planning.Paint Correction ny

    ReplyDelete